Skip to main content

Lil’ Alicia Keys On The Cosby Show


This is soul diva Alicia Keys before she was famous bouncing on Bill Cosby’s knee. The Empire State Of Mind singer was just four-years-old when she appeared on the Cosby Show with the comic legend who played family man Cliff Huxtable. Keys had just a brief appearance on screen as she took part in a sleepover with pals of the Huxtables’ daughter Rudy. Speaking of her appearance on the U.S. show, Keys said: ‘It was a really, really good memory for me. The whole cast was so cool. We would sit on that big, huge couch and stuff and we all had to sit on Cosby’s knee. He always tried to knock us off of his knee with the bucking horse thing. Of course, my favorite part was winning the game, because I was the winner.” (2 minute 41 seconds.)


Slumber Party, Season 1 Ep. 22

Comments

  1. I want to watch this with the kids. I'll wait until they wake up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead and share your thoughts:

Popular posts from this blog

Costume Ideas for Halloween (Nov 6th, 2011)

It's never too soon to start thinking about your next costume... <

Rummi-"CUB" vs. Rummi-"CUBE"

The Pronunciation DebatePresentation of the Issue For years, I have been a firm advocate and defender of the pronunciation, rummi-"CUB". The box that my family owned, growing up, is spelled "Rummicub." However, other productions have other spelling variation: Rummykub, Rummy Kube, Rummy Tiles, etc. With box spelling as the only evidence, the game's true pronunciation is open to interpretation.

Rebuttal My opponents argue that since the game was originated over seas, we ought to respect and maintain its original pronunciation.

Counter Arguments When the game was brought to America and given Americanized rules, the name of the game also became Americanized. Pronunciation Loyalists then counter my counter argument with, "there are a lot of adopted foreign words that have retained their original pronunciations like, hola or merci."  Then I counter-counter my original counter with something like, "those are all still foreign words; we, Americans, alwa…

Crest Whitestrips: Terrific Success or Misnomer?

BACKGROUND This is a picture of Crest's Premium, 7-day, teeth whitening system! My generous sister, Heather, gave this kit to me as a gift 2 Christmases ago.  (I think she's just trying to do her part to married me off.)  I kept the box underneath me sink for a year, waiting for a (female) reason to use it.  Finally, on February 3rd, 2009 (a day of complete unimportance), I decided to bust it out.

REVIEW The Crest Whitestrips are NOT as user friendly as they claim. They are designed for people with gigantic, horse teeth. Small-mouthed people, beware!  Once I figured out how to remove them from their complicated wrappers, they tasted awful. The instructions ask you to peel off and discard 20% of the strip, which seems like a waste. (But I out-smarted them! I saved those extra bits and carved them up to use once my 7-days are complete.) The gooey bleach always smeared on my fingertips which left temporary, white stain marks. Other than those things, the design is excellent.